Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), Policy and Prevention Branch (PPB) administers service data through its data entry system, primary prevention data collection and reporting service (PPSDS), formerly California Outcomes Measurement System for Prevention (CalOMS Pv). The PPB is committed to providing system updates and information. If you have questions or concerns, feel free to contact your assigned analyst.
- PPSDS Data Entry User Guide [PDF 3 MB] Updated June 2020 – This manual provides step-by-step, user-friendly guidance on how to enter data into PPSDS and ensure compliance with the SABG Contract’s DHCS PPSDS Data Quality Standards.
- Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP) Strategies and Activities Definitions and Matrix [PDF 768 MB] Updated October 2019 – This tool was recently updated to reflect changes to the Community Based Process and Environmental CSAP Strategies; specifically, updates focus on how to enter demographics for Environmental activities.
- Planned Strategies Excel Template [XLSX 20 KB] Updated: June 2020 – This spreadsheet is designed for creating planned strategies. It serves as a template for compiling key planned strategy information such as program, service populations, evidence-based type, and more.
- SAMHSA NREPP Interventions List [XLSX 118 KB] – This document provides brief listings of all SAMHSA NREPP Interventions for Legacy and New Review programs. The list of interventions was downloaded from the SAMHSA website January 2018 and includes the intervention review date, outcome categories, intervention age ranges, description, developer information, and website addresses where available. This list is provided for information purposes only.
- DHCS Primary Prevention Website
- Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant (SABG) Policy Manual [PDF 1.2 MB]
- DHCS PPSDS End User Guide [PDF 4.9 MB] Draft Released 9/22/17 – This guide is intended for county and provider staff who enter data into the PPSDS. The guide provides step-by-step instructions to enter the Strategic Prevention Plan information into the PPSDS; include outcome indicators, goals, and objectives; and add primary prevention SUD program and activity data.
Previous Notices and Memos
- December 27, 2017 – Historical and Archival Reports from the California Outcomes Measurement Service for Prevention
- September 7, 2017 – Transition from California Outcome Measurement Service for Prevention (CalOMS Pv) to Primary Prevention SUD Data Service (PPSDS)
- June 30, 2017 – Transition from California Outcome Measurement Service for Prevention (CalOMS Pv) to Primary Prevention SUD Data Service (PPSDS)
- May 1, 2017 – MHSUDS Information Notice No. 17-014: Substance Use Disorder Primary Prevention Data Collection and Reporting Service