Wednesday, August 18 & Thursday, August 19, 20218:30am – 12pm PT both days
No cost to attend!
BI is a short-term counseling intervention that consists of two-four sessions aimed at adolescents who use alcohol and/or other drugs. This approach uses motivational interviewing, cognitive behavior therapy and the stages of change model to meet the needs of adolescents. This training is appropriate for school counselors and staff working in drug prevention, treatment, mental health, probation, juvenile justice, or other youth-serving professionals.
- Examining the counselor’s attitudes and relationship with teens.
- Learning to teach adolescents how to take a more active and reflective role in decisions about their own behavior.
- Identifying strategies that would support an adolescent driven plan to make decisions they see as beneficial.
- Increasing knowledge about drug and alcohol use among teens.
- Utilizing Motivation Interviewing to empower rather than enforce.
Continued Education Hours (optional):
Six hours of Continuing Education Credit are available for online trainings. Course meets the qualifications for six hours continuing education credits for CCPS, BRNs, LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and/or LEPs as required by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT), CCAPP, and CA Board of Registered Nurses.
Optional C.E. hours are offered by CARS for $25.00 and may be purchased at https://tinyurl.com/yfkrzrpx. Cancellation charges depend on when the written cancellation notice is received. A full refund will be given only if more than 2 weeks’ notice is given of a cancellation, see below for refund rates.
- 2 weeks’ cancellation notice = Full refund
- Less than 14 days cancellation notice = No refund unless in exceptional circumstances, for which a medical certificate may be requested.